Greece has slowly crept onto the wine scene, exciting consumers and wine geeks around the world. Indigenous varietals, organic sustainable farming, and of course, highly educated, talented winemakers create these exciting wines. We have visited these estates, tasted their wines, and selected only a small number to import.
Whites - Bright, fresh, clean, pure, wines. The richer ones still have acidity and freshness and they are not overwhelming, instead, thirst-quenching. Some whites are reminiscent of white Burgundy.
- Assyrtiko (ah-sir-tee-ko)
- Malagousia (mah-la-goo-see-ah)
- Moscofilero (mos-ko-fi-ler-oh)
- Roditis (ro-dee-tis)
- Savatiano (sa-va-tea-ano)
Reds - Expect wines that work with food, dance on you palate, and make you say OPA! If you have traveled to Greece, these wines will take you back there, putting a smile on your face.
- Xinomavro (zhee-no-mav-ro)
- Agiorgitiko (ah-your-yeek-tee-ko)
- Limnio (Le-me-no)
- Mavroudi (ma-vro-udi)
- Mavrotragano (ma-vro -tra-gano)