Maison Joseph Drouhin 2018 Pouilly Fuisse 750ml
Grape Variety : Chardonnay.
- Site: the vineyards of Pouilly and Fuissé (two separate villages) cover the slopes of Solutré and Vergisson, two well-known cliffs serving as backdrop to this magnificent landscape.
- Soil: clay and limestone from the Jurassic age.
- Plantation density: 8,500 vine stocks/hectare.
- Pruning: Guyot
- Yield: purposely low in order to extract all possible nuances from the terroir.
- Supply: grapes and must purchased from regular suppliers (long term contracts).
Pressing: very slow so as to respect the fruit. Juices from the last pressings are not retained.
No artificial yeasts or enzymes are used.
Type: partly in stainless steel vats and partly in oak barrels (0% new oak).
Length: 6 to 8 months.
Throughout the ageing process, decisions are taken only after careful tasting evaluation. The data obtained is completed through technical analysis. As with every other Joseph Drouhin wine, absolute priority is given to the true expression of terroir and character of the vintage.
Tasting note by Véronique Boss-Drouhin
"A seductive wine and a really nice expression of the Chardonnay grape! The colour is golden, with some green reflections. Among the floral and fruity aromas, almond and ripe grapes dominate. On the palate, the wine is refreshingly pleasant, ethereal in its lightness. Long and refreshing aftertaste".
- Low quantity but good quality.
- The colour is pale yellow and crystal-clear.
- The palate shows subtle aromas of fruit (peach, pear) over hints of fresh almonds and honey.
- The wines are mineral and the first attack is lively.
- Acidity and richness mingle to reveal an harmonious structure.
Temperature: 12/13°C (53-54°F).
Cellaring: 2 to 5 years.