Domaine Huet 1998 Vouvray "Le Haut Lieu" Sec 750ml
Gift wrapping: Add From Your Cart
$64.89 (Inc. Taxes)
$56.43 (Ex. Taxes)
(You save: )
- Vintage: 1998
- Bottle sizes: 750 ML
- Country: France
- Region: Loire
- Appellation: Vouvray
- Wine type: White
- Varietals: Chenin Blanc
- Biodynamic: Certified
- Vineyard: The estate’s first vineyard, purchased in 1928. Its nine hectares have the richest soils and, generally, yields the most precocious wines.
- Soil: Limestone-rich, clay soils
- Viticulture: The vines are farmed using biodynamic methods and harvested by hand.
- Vinification: Traditional vinification methods are used and the wines are fermented using natural yeasts.
- Aging: the wines are aged in a combination of tank and large, older foudres.
- Production: about 2000 cases
- Notes: The original Huët vineyard is nearly 9 hA. It has the richest soils of the domaine’s three crus - a deep limestone-clay - and the wines are generally the estate’s most approachable. In some vintages, small quantities from nearby estate parcels may be added to Le Haut-Lieu.