Vina Gormaz 2013 Joven 750ml
Zoom the image with the mouse

Vina Gormaz 2013 Joven 750ml

$19.90 (Inc. Taxes)
$17.30 (Ex. Taxes)
Gift wrapping:
Click View Cart to add

This product is currently sold out. Please sign up to be notified via email when the product is back in stock or phone 604-684-0445 for assistance.

Related Products


Winemaker's Notes:

The philosophy of Viñedos y Bodegas Gormaz is based exclusively in the respect to the typicity and personality marked by the terroir. The whole production and ageing processes are strictly ruled by these values with the aim of creating high quality wines. Its 1,285 acres of vineyard are divided in more than 1.000 small estates grouped in approximately 70 parajes (wine growing areas) located at an altitude between 2,800 and 3,200 feet, forming a great variety of microclimates, orientations and types of soil. It is one of the longest-lived areas of the country, with 70% of its vineyards over 80 years old. Founded in 1972, it was one of the 12 wineries that founded the D.O. Ribera del Duero.

Vintage Description:

What appeared to be an early cycle turned into delay as a result of unusual low temperatures in spring and to end June. A hot and dry summer that was extended until late September eased this issue to some extent though it couldn't avoid that the harvest were a week later compared to usual. Rains fallen prior to harvest got production increased, although with highly heterogeneous quality grapes due to atypical cycle, what forced us to be extremely meticulous in the grape selection process. The wines of 2013 vintage had a good colour intensity, fruit notorious aromas - especially reds -, a lightly higher acidity than usual but well balanced, a sufficient phenolic extraction, and tannins with medium level that will provide a pleasant tasting. The harvest took place between 15 and 30 October.


Our hand-picked grapes are first carefully selected and then 85% of the resulting batch is macerated for 10-12 days before being fermented at a controlled temperature of below 26º C. The remaining 15% consists of wine that has undergone “controlled fermentation”, meaning that the must enters into contact with the grape skins for 2 or 3 days to be left to ferment at a temperature of 20º C before being blended with the main body of the batch in order to increase the aromatic strength of the wine.


  • Colour: Intense red colour with violet hues.
  • Nose: Prominent varietal aromas of fresh fruit.
  • Palate: Fresh, tasty and persistent.
  • Recommended with: Grilled meats, duck, pasta dishes, pâtés and sliced cold cuts.
  • Serving Temperature:12ºC-15ºC

Recent Awards and Mentions:

  • 90 POINTS Stephen Tanzer. “International Wine Cellar” Magazine. Vintage 2012 (USA)
  • SILVER MEDAL Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2013. Vintage 2012. (BRUXELLES)
  • BRONZE MEDAL IWSC 2013. Vintage 2012. SURREY (UK)

Shipping & Returns

We use Canada Post for the majority of deliveries and a courier for those nearest our location. If you are not at home when Canada Post attempts delivery of your package, they will leave a note with the nearest pickup location. By law, we cannot ship outside of the province and packages delivered by Canada Post cannot be left on the doorstep. Orders for downtown Vancouver may arrive the same or next day depending on time of order. Order cut-off is generally 10am PST on a best-effort basis. We will contact you if we require more information to set up delivery.

Within Downtown Vancouver - 1-2 business days
Outside Downtown Vancouver - 2-3 business days

Read the full shipping terms by clicking here. These shipping estimates depend on the courer's and recipient's availability and are not offered as any kind of guarantee.