Maison Louis Latour is one of the most innovative producers in Burgundy whilst maintaining its traditional image. In 1979, with a view to expanding the business the valley of the Ardèche river with its clay and limestone-based soils was chosen as the ideal location to produce top-quality Chardonnay wines. The Grand Ardèche comes from the best vineyards, carefully selected every year when harvesting begins. The grapes are pressed and the rapes are placed immediately in oak barrels made by the cooperage at Latour, where the wine will age for approximately 10 months, like the great wines of Burgundy.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in oak barrels with complete malolactic fermentation
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in oak barrels, 20% new
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteOur Grand Ardèche 2013 has a beautiful pale yellow colour. Rich nose of almond paste, vanilla and white fruits. Round and well-balanced in the mouth, this wine reveals mellow oaky hints and a great finesse.
- Food PairingAperitif - charcuterie - shellfish - fish
- Grand Ardèche 2013 - Decanter Online - July 2015 - 91/100
-- Winemaker's Notes