Grape Varieties: 100 % Giró – Prephylloxeric recovered variety
Winemaking Process: Wine made with the utmost winemaking techniques and the greatest care. The de-stemmed grapes undergo cold soak at a very low temperatures in order to maximize the primary aromas. One part of the must is fermented in stainless steel tanks and the other part (35 %) undergoes the fermentation in new French oak barrels with maturation on fine lees and periodical “bâtonnage”
Appearance: Bright, straw yellow color with shiny gold hues.
Nose: Rich scent of ripe tropical fruit and floral undertones of white lilies harmonized with subtle notes of dried peaches and apricots. Very fine wine with elegant toasty aromas.
Palate: Full-bodied, structured with a creamy mouthful balanced with pleasant, moderate acidity and notes of freshly cut grapefruits. Lingering & persistent aftertaste of ripe fruits and toasty flavors.
Food Matching: This wine matches perfectly with all kind of light-seasoned seafood and fish or it could be a perfect accompaniment to creamy pasta & rice dishes.
- 2010 Catalan Wine Guide 2011 9,48 points
- 2011 International Wine Guide Silver Medal
- 2012 International Wine Challenge Catavinum Silver Medal
- Catalan Wine Guide 2013 9,45 points
- Guía Peñín 2013 89 points
- 2013 International Wine Challenge Catavinum Silver Medal
- Catalan Wine Guide 2014 9,51 points
- Guía Peñín 91 points
- 2014 Catavinum World Wine & Spirits Competition Silver Medal
- Guía Peñín 90 points
- Catalan Wine Guide 2015 9,26 points
- 2015 Guía Peñín 2016 92 points
- Catalan Wine Guide 2015 9,21 points