Join us at Marquis Wine Cellars on Wednesday, October 2nd as we welcome Alvaro Ruiz, the Export Manager for Bodegas Alvear, for a in-store tasting featuring a selection of wines from Alvear. The focus of the tasting will be on their amazing Sherry’s but at least one dry white will be poured as well. Alvear was founded in 1729 and is one of the most prestigious Spanish wineries with global recognition. Alvaro is well versed in all things wine having picked grapes, designed wine lists in Europe and working for London based importers and he will be on hand to share the history of Alvear and to explain the wines being poured.
We will be pouring the following wines, which will be paired with a selection of cheeses:
- Alvear 2017 Marques de la Sierra Dry PX 750ml
- Alvear Fino 750ml
- Alvear Fino Capataz Solera de la Casa 375ml
- Alvear 2014 PX de Anada 375ml
- Alvear 2015 PX de Anada 375ml
- Alvear Pedro Ximenez Solera 1927 375ml
- Alvear 1910 Pedro Ximenez Solera 500ml
* wines subject to change without notice.
Date: Wednesday, October 2nd
Time: 5:30pm to 7pm
Location: Marquis Wine Cellars, 1034 Davie Street, Vancouver, BC
Cost: $10 per ticket
Marquis Wine Cellars would like to thank Pacific Wine and Spirits for the opportunity to host this tasting. We do not offer refunds or exchanges for tasting tickets.